World-class plein-air artists gather each year at Kings Landing to paint moments rich in history during Paint the Past. Stunning artworks are created each year during this 3-day festival. All pieces will be on display for-sale in MacBeath Hall in the Welcome Centre until mid-season. Guests are encouraged to chat with artists as they paint, participate in plein-air workshops during the festival, attend the awards ceremony, and purchase their favourite pieces. Proceeds from the sale of each piece support the artists and Kings Landing’s heritage initiatives.
The grand prize is $1000 and the title of Kings Landing Artist-in-Residence for 12 consecutive months.
Poppy Balser was selected to be Kings Landing’s 2017-2018 Artist-in-Residence during the Paint the Past 2017 Award Ceremony.
June 22nd from 10am to 5pm
Kings Landing Corporation is seeking an individual to lead the Visitor Experience team as the Director of Operations. The position is based in Prince William, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer of Kings Landing Corporation, the successful candidate will be responsible for the operational performance of the Kings Landing Corporation. This position requires an in-depth knowledge and understanding of project management, operational interdepencies, building codes and standards, health and safety program development, facilities management, budget preparation and oversight, standards development and human resource management.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that all areas under their responsibility operate efficiently and in support of other parts of the organization;
- Developing, managing and overseeing annual and long term maintenance plans;
- Developing, managing and overseeing capital projects and special initiatives;
- Developing and monitoring budgets;
- Act as the health and safety standards officer for the organization which includes responsibility for the health and safety program, emergency plans and standards, training requirements, and collaborating with the Joint Health and Safety Committee on issues, opportunities and initiatives; and,
- Supervising employees, providing orientation and training, and participating in performance reviews.
- A university degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field;
- Eight (8) years of work experience in program and operational management which includes five (5) years of management and/or supervisory work experience;
- Written and spoken competence in English.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Applicants must clearly demonstrate the essential qualifications to be given further consideration. Please ensure that preferred language for assessment is identified on your resume.
Asset Qualification: Preference may be given to candidates that demonstrate:
- Project management experience in construction;
- Risk analysis experience;
- Certified Project Management and/or graduation from the Public Service Management Program;
- Certified in Workplace Health and Safety Management.
Subject to the response to this competition, candidates may be required to demonstrate on their application one or more of the asset qualifications in addition to the essential qualifications in order to be given further consideration.
Behavioural Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following behavioral competencies:
- Analytical Thinking/Judgment
- Client Service Orientation
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
Technical Competencies: The successful candidate will possess the following technical competencies:
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures;
- Human Resources Management;
- Planning and Organizing Skills;
- Project Management.
Résumés should be in chronological order specifying education and employment in months and years including part-time and full-time employment.
Salary: $2,120 to $2,963 bi-weekly
We encourage applicants to apply on-line at https://www.ere.gnb.ca/competition.aspx?lang=E&t=Y, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at the following address on or before April 27, 2018.
Department of Tourism, Heritage and Culture
Human Resource Services
Marysville Place (4th floor)
P.O. Box 6000, Fredericton, NB E3B 5H1
We thank all those who apply however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
For other opportunities with Kings Landing check here.
We are extending the deadline for nominations to our Board of Directors until April 30th. For more information check our previous post, or contact email@example.com .
Nous repoussons la date limite pour les nominations à notre conseil d’administration jusqu’au 30 avril. Pour plus d’informations, consultez notre article précédent ou contactez firstname.lastname@example.org.